NOTICE:
From any post click the photo across the page top to see the entire blog.
JAMES' PERSONAL WRITINGS: SLOVING
JAMES' MOST STRATEGIC POSTS: *****
MUCH OF MY POSTING WAS ON FACEBOOK: STARTLOVING1

3.04.2007

Letter from Prison

:-) I can think of several reasons that I do not feel too much dread at the thought of my first extended stay in prison. No, nothing has been ordered yet, but I'm sure it is a matter of time. Court March 21st, April 18th, as many as 5 more arrests by April 6th do I anticipate. My purpose is not to be arrested. My purpose is to stand with all that I possess (hmmm, that would be my body) for brotherhood, and that places me in the way of the Beast of Mammon we call the American "way of life."

The reasons that I don't feel terrible dread?

1. To some degree I don't know, can't face the reality. But I do have pretty good imagination and I expect the worst - solitude, confinement with the most dangerous prisoners as punishment, brutality....

but also, and this is my point,

2. I'm already there! I'm already confined from the "pleasures" of life (death): casual association with folks, luxuries, safety, free time; resources, communication, mobility....

No, this post is not clear to me either, but that makes in no less true.

By the way, I regret the years I did not spend in this Prison, because it is full of Soul / Solidarity / Service / Life / Love / Purpose / Significance / Brotherhood / Truth....

No comments:

Post a Comment