NOTICE:
From any post click the photo across the page top to see the entire blog.
JAMES' PERSONAL WRITINGS: SLOVING
JAMES' MOST STRATEGIC POSTS: *****
MUCH OF MY POSTING WAS ON FACEBOOK: STARTLOVING1

5.19.2007

LOVE / COMPASSON / EMPATHY FOR STRANGERS: THE NARROW GATE

"PAY ATTENTION" LIKE YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT. As I reveal in this post at left, after months of being on the "narrow path" to Joy / Love / Life at the Sudan Embassy Darfur Campaign, in just four days working with friends in the "normal world" I was almost completely lost. My recovery came quickly because thank God I had the presence of mind to focus on the posters I was carrying - dying children from Darfur.

I'll explore this at greater length in later posts - that THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL IS DETACHMENT FROM "THE LEAST OF THESE." And, the purpose of money is to allow transactions to take place in the absence of ATTACHMENT TO ANYONE! It is the specialty, it is the obsession of our Western values, of free market capitalism to "distract" us, divert our attention from, "the least of these."

[Note: The musical "The Fantastics" that shows this magnificently in the song "Round and Round." ]

No comments:

Post a Comment