NOTICE:
From any post click the photo across the page top to see the entire blog.
JAMES' PERSONAL WRITINGS: SLOVING
JAMES' MOST STRATEGIC POSTS: *****
MUCH OF MY POSTING WAS ON FACEBOOK: STARTLOVING1

6.03.2007

Teresa of Calcutta Quotes

Online!!!! Free!!!

From the introduction:
All she did, in her own words, was
"follow Jesus' word."
-
This is the first I've read her book in several years. The way she describes her journey is just like mine feels.
.
The Almighty, the Kingdom
is in your Heart.
Stop looking outside, in buildings, in preachers.
The Kingdom of God is within you.
Be like a child and find it.
Start Loving
.

LOVE

  • "I have found the paradox that if I love until it hurts, then there is no hurt, but only more love."

HOLINESS

  • Saint Thomas Aquinas assures us that holiness "is nothing else but a resolution made, the heroic act of a soul that surrenders to God." And he adds: "Spontaneously we love God, we run towards him, we run towards him, we get close to him, we possess him."
  • Our willingness is important because it changes us into the image of God and likens us to him! The decision to be holy is a very dear one.
  • Renunciation, temptations, struggles, persecutions, and all kind of sacrifices are what surround the soul that has opted for holiness.
  • If we do the work for God and for his glory, we may be sanctified.
  • We should go out to meet people. Meet the people who live afar and those who live very close by. Meet the materially poor or the spiritually poor.
  • The fact of death should not sadden us. The only thing that should sadden us is to know that we are not saints.
  • To sometimes experience disgust is something quite natural. The virtue, which at times is of heroic proportions, consists in being able to overcome disgust, for love of Jesus.
  • This is the secret we discover in the lives of some saints: the ability to go beyond what is merely natural.
  • This is what happened to Saint Francis of Assisi. Once, when he ran into a leper who was completely disfigured, he instinctively backed up. Right away he overcame the disgust he felt and kissed the face that was completely disfigured. What was the outcome of this? Francis felt himself filled with tremendous joy. He felt totally in control of himself. And the leper went on his way praising God.
  • The saints are all the people who live according to the law God has given us.

PRAYER

  • "Prayer makes your heart bigger, until it is capable of containing the gift of God himself."
  • I believe that politicians spent too little time on their knees. I am convinced that they would be better politicians if they were to do so.
  • There are some people who, in order not to pray, use as an excuse the fact that life is so hectic that it prevents them from praying.
    This cannot be.
  • Prayer does not demand that we interrupt our work, but that we continue working as if it were a prayer.
  • It is not necessary to always be meditating, nor to consciously experience the sensation that we are talking to God, No matter how nice this would be. What matters is being with him, living with him, in his will. To love with a pure heart, to love everybody, especially to love the poor, is a twenty-four-hours prayer.
  • Prayer begets faith, faith begets love, and love begets service on behalf of the poor.
  • The first requirement for prayer is silence. People of prayer are people of silence.
  • My secret is a very simple one: I pray. To pray to Christ is to love him.
  • The apostles did not know how to pray, and they asked Jesus to teach them. He, then, taught them the Our Father.
  • I think that every time we say the Our Father, God looks at his hands, where we are etched. "See, I have inscribed you on the palms of my hands..."(Isaiah 49:16).
  • What a beautiful description and also expressive of the personal love God feels for each one of us!
  • Make us, Lord, worthy to serve our brothers and sisters who are scattered all over the world, who live and die alone and poor. Give them today, using our hands, their daily bread. And using our love, give them peace and happiness. Amen.
  • Prayer is not asking. Prayer is putting oneself in the hands of God, at his disposition, and listening to his voice in the depth of our hearts
  • There is a player that the Missionaries of Charity pray every day.
    Cardinal Newman wrote it:
    Jesus, help me to spread your fragrance wherever I am.
    Fill my heart with your spirit and your life.
    Penetrate my being and take such hold of me that my life becomes a radiation of your own life.
    Give your light through me and remain in me such a way that every soul I come in contact with can feel your presence in me.
    Remain in me, so that I shine with your light, and may others be illuminated by my light.
    All light will come from you, Oh Jesus.
    Not even smallest ray of light will be mine. You will illuminate others through me. Place on my lips your greatest praise, illuminating others around me.
    May I preach you with actions more than with words, with example of my actions, with the visible light of the love that comes from you to my heart. Amen.
  • I am asked what is one to do be sure that one is following the way of salvation. I answer: "Love God. And, above all, pray."
  • Every day at communion time, I communicate two of my feelings to Jesus. One is gratefulness, because he has helped me to persevere until today. The other is a request: teach me to pray.
  • Praying the Our Father and living it will lead us toward saintliness. The Our Father contains everything: God, ourselves, our neighbors...
    Silence will teach us a lot. It will teach us to speak with Christ and speak joyfully to our brothers and sisters.

Click here for:
4. GENEROSITY
6. LOVE
7. HOME AND FAMILY
8. VIRTUES
9. MARY
10. LIFE AND DEATH
11. SMILES
12. MONEY
13. SUFFERING
14. LONELINESS
15. GOD AND CHRISTIANTY
16. OUR MISSION

No comments:

Post a Comment