NOTICE:
From any post click the photo across the page top to see the entire blog.
JAMES' PERSONAL WRITINGS: SLOVING
JAMES' MOST STRATEGIC POSTS: *****
MUCH OF MY POSTING WAS ON FACEBOOK: STARTLOVING1

8.01.2007

!!!!! "FAITH" !!!!!


Oh my. How Divine. I'm spending days with Oscar Romero's book, "The Violence of Love." !!! IT IS FREE ONLINE !!!!!

And so far the 10 hours or so is just massaging it technically so I can listen when next week I take up the vigil again here in DC.

But I've just noticed a passage that leaves me breathless with its profound encompassing of practically all that I'm learning and valuing:


"Faith is what a child has
when its father puts out his hands
and says, “Jump!”
and the child leaps into space
with the assurance that its fathers hands
won’t let it fall.
This is faith.
It’s what Christ says,
“Those who believe in me
will not be condemned.
Those who surrender,
those who don’t distrust,
who even in the hardest times
believe and hope,
will not be condemned.
But those who don’t believe,
those who won’t leap into Christ’s arms
because they are more anchored
to their earthly things,
those who don’t believe,
those who don’t trust In God,
those who don’t believe
God goes with our history
and is going to save us
are already condemned.

Their life is already a hell..."
Oscar Romero

.

...As Hell is the life of
the neglected members
of their 'family.'
Start Loving

.


No comments:

Post a Comment