NOTICE:
From any post click the photo across the page top to see the entire blog.
JAMES' PERSONAL WRITINGS: SLOVING
JAMES' MOST STRATEGIC POSTS: *****
MUCH OF MY POSTING WAS ON FACEBOOK: STARTLOVING1

8.01.2007

HARVESTING IS EASY. GROWING IS HARD.

Hmmm. I'll need your help, much imagination on this post because real clear examples are not coming to my mind.

I'd rather be a Steve Beko than an Nelson Mandella.

I'd rather be the soldiers of "Glory" than Martin Luther King.

I'd rather be young Gandhi in South Africa than old Gandhi in India.

Dr. King said, and I paraphrase, 'Well, don't think I am instrumental to the advances in rights that we are seeing. The time is right for them. I just happen to be here."

The time is right because of the efforts of unknown, unnamed, unheralded "growers" 5, 10, 50 years earlier.

King, an incredible Saint, was there to harvest their decades and centuries of "growing."

I want to be a "grower."

No comments:

Post a Comment