NOTICE:
From any post click the photo across the page top to see the entire blog.
JAMES' PERSONAL WRITINGS: SLOVING
JAMES' MOST STRATEGIC POSTS: *****
MUCH OF MY POSTING WAS ON FACEBOOK: STARTLOVING1

9.05.2007

IS START MORBIDLY SEXIST? !!! PLEASE HELP !!!

For the first time in my life, now I have seen a "Church" of more than one to 5 "Christian" people. I'm about 56 years old. Do you know what I am saying?

I spent time with this Church all weekend. I'll guess that the cost they've paid fighting nonviolently for their 6 billion brothers and sisters is 20+ years in prison. Yes, you heard me.

Which certain senior female person in this "Church" wrote the following to me is utterly unimportant, and if you think you know who it is, put that thought out of your mind immediately - it is the Devil working. But that it is held by one (and many I suspect) of these Saints is crucial for me to wrestle with. Their message to me (below) may be correct. The message for me may be incorrect. I must decide. IF YOU KNOW ME, tell me what you think.

----

"Dear Start,

The whole feminist revolution seems to have eluded you. The way you speak to and of women is inappropriate and, often, insulting; this is especially true of the way you speak to younger women. Your language is far from inclusive. And that language, it seems to me, reflects a spirit that is not inclusive...."
----

Dear friends. I'm not interested in whether I can cross "t's" or dot "i's" better than I do. No time for that, no time to be concerned with "perfection." NO TIME NOT TO BE CONCERNED WITH EXCELLENCE ON IMPORTANT ISSUES! What I need to determine is to what degree is this feedback to me:
  1. A correct assessment of a major source of destruction on my part, or...
  2. Reflective of what is true of most every "revolution," that the outcome of the revolution in the eyes of the "victor" is that those who dominated (in this case men) are now TO BE DOMINATED, subservient, servile, oppressed... (which I am not and will not be).

Do I empower people powerfully, in this case especially young women, or do I disempower - act to dominate them. PLEASE HELP ME. PLEASE HELP ME (IF YOU CAN. POST "COMMENTS" TO THIS SITE. I'LL PUBLISH WHAT YOU WRITE I AM SURE.)

No comments:

Post a Comment