NOTICE:
From any post click the photo across the page top to see the entire blog.
JAMES' PERSONAL WRITINGS: SLOVING
JAMES' MOST STRATEGIC POSTS: *****
MUCH OF MY POSTING WAS ON FACEBOOK: STARTLOVING1

5.02.2008

IF I'M NOT SPENDING MY LIFE FOR MY FAMILY I AM PART OF THE PROBLEM (or they're not my family)

"... the fulfillment of the Father's will depends on each man's effort and striving to make people see that life is given, not for oneself personally, but for the fulfillment of the Father's will, which alone saves from death and gives life." from Jesus, "Gospel in Brief," Leo Tolstoy

A dear friend reminded me that an activist shehe knows first lost eyesight and later mind due to Hunger Strikes. Now I don't expect that will happen to me, although I realize it might.

But it got me thinking. If when my family is being raped, pillaged and murdered by folks with the most cruel and deadly weapons ever conceived; by the bullies we all grew up with in school turned loose with $3 billion of your tax dollars to do the job, YOU RISK YOUR LIFE TO STOP IT! DON'T YOU?

And the US Forces, Irsnians and Iraqis ARE my family.

Hmmm. I'm surprised it has taken me so long. This riddle has been trying to fully solve itself within me for years - "How do you live in the face of Genocide?" "How do you live in the face of your country being the world's Terrorist?"

IF I'M NOT RISKING/SPENDING LIFE, LIMB AND TREASURE I AM PART OF THE PROBLEM.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment