NOTICE:
From any post click the photo across the page top to see the entire blog.
JAMES' PERSONAL WRITINGS: SLOVING
JAMES' MOST STRATEGIC POSTS: *****
MUCH OF MY POSTING WAS ON FACEBOOK: STARTLOVING1

1.17.2009

!!!! POLLS, SCIENCE CONCLUSIVE: "RESISTANCE" IS FUTILE. ACTIVISTS, STAND DOWN, OR ESCALATE !!!!

"Start, you remind me a lot of John the Baptist." I cite this comment in my defense regarding this post. It was emailed to me in seriousness yesterday by one who many consider the world's greatest living activist, "Not the first time I've been told this by someone of your stature in my adulthood," was my basic response.

"Resistance," anything less now than life-on-the-line, all out nonviolent war is futile against the forces that are dooming America and terminating civilization on earth. Photo ops, die in's, banner drops, traditional lobbying, peace marches, fliers, ribbon campaigns, rallies, retreats, peace "happy hours"... will kill time, will kill our constituents, will kill... civilization. Period. Why?

This horrible, yet hopeful, instructive revelation hits me as never before, as three separate sources collide in my mind -
  1. Plan B 3.0, Mobilizing to Save Civilization (as of its 2008, January publication), from the world's pre-eminent environmental/economist guru Lester Brown;

    Nothing less than an immediate, "war time" mobilization to save civilization will succeed, including immediate shift of $200B/yr from War to Peace.

  2. Polls showing that Americans back Israel's slaughter of Palestinians;

    AMERICANS ARE NOT WITHIN YEARS OF BEING APPROPRIATELY INFORMED. WE'RE TALKING "GERMANS OF 1934!" Americans sided with Israel over the Palestinians by a 57%-8% margin.

  3. Col. Ann Wright's personal, informal polling of Progressives as I understood it from our meeting Wednesday.

    AMERICANS WILL TOTALLY OPPOSE SHIFTING FUNDS AWAY FROM WAR-MAKING (DOD). 'EVEN AMONG PROGRESSIVES THEY SUPPORT FULL FUNDING OF U.S. WAR-MAKING; JUST NOT IN IRAQ' - this is what I understood from Col. Wright, who travels the country each week visiting PROGRESSIVE groups to end the war.
But Start, , you nasty SOB, there is a place for these "resistance" actions!!!!!!!!! Maybe so. But their current "place" is 100% of the effort! THERE IS ZERO HOPE IN THIS. Yes, for example, the "French Resistance" was important to winning WWII, evil war though it was as we can see now. BUT "RESISTANCE" DID NOT WIN THE WAR; THERE WAS AN ALL-OUT-WAR MACHINE THAT DID THAT. WE "ACTIVISTS" HAVE NO SUCH FORCE. Nor was this "resistance" safe. These folks were Life on the Line!

Activism today, with desperately few exceptions is "STRAIGHTENING THE DECK CHAIRS ON THE TITANIC." Unless you want to avoid facing the facts - science, polls, historical precedence....

Is that really what you want to do? If so, I will leave you to it.

I'll be on the Hill. "I regret that I have but one life to give [our human family.]"

The above is a shocking, stunning, deeply alarming revelation this morning for me, though you may hear it as yet another in a stream of nasty shrieks from Start. I write it to you despite my expectation that, for a time at least, it may cost the campaign I am enlisted in what little support it has had.

Cut War Fund Peace $200B Fast Day #30.

I expect to resume Hill Occupation 24 hr/day tomorrow morning as the killer cold passes.

No comments:

Post a Comment