NOTICE:
From any post click the photo across the page top to see the entire blog.
JAMES' PERSONAL WRITINGS: SLOVING
JAMES' MOST STRATEGIC POSTS: *****
MUCH OF MY POSTING WAS ON FACEBOOK: STARTLOVING1

9.10.2009

"The Nazis came for me, and there was no one left to stand up."

Is this how it was to be?  Deja Vu all over again?

"First they came for the Communists, and I didn't speak up, because I wasn't a Communist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up, because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn't speak up, because I was a Protestant. Then they came for me, and by that time there was no one left to speak up for me." is just one of many variations of a poem attributed to Pastor Martin Niemöller (1892–1984) about the inactivity of German intellectuals following the Nazi rise to power and the purging of their chosen targets, group after group.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_they_came...

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Supporter:


On Saturday, the opposition is coming to DC.

Glenn Beck and so-called teabaggers - the opposition that's been yelling at town halls across the country - are marching on Washington, DC on Saturday, September 12th.

They may be loud, but they do not represent America. They're coming to our hometown, and we need to be there to make sure everyone knows this is not the America we believe in.

So come out on Saturday for a Vigil for the Common Good, a solemn protest against the shouting and violence that they're injecting into our country's discourse.

Where: West front of the U.S. Capitol Lawn (map)
When: Saturday, September 12th, 12:45 pm

Can you come? Click here to RSVP on Facebook. (If you're not on Facebook, just show up.)

Thanks for standing up for America. I'll see you at the vigil!

 

To your health,

Levana Layendecker
Health Care for America Now







This email was sent to:
Start_Loving@yahoo.com

To unsubscribe, go to:
http://healthcareforamericanow.org/page/m2/3560dc32/5137e7ca/32af10b7/786f274c/370175471/VEsF/

2 comments:

  1. I liked your post about waging love (not war)...though you did not put it this way, it is how I read it. Then I got curious about your covering the 9/12 rally and claiming they are injecting violence into this national debate. I was appalled. I am not a Glen Beck fan (I think he is a sorry example of a Libertarian) but the message was to the Federal Government to leave us alone.
    So you support the Health Care Reform that would fine and imprison you and others if they do not cooperate? Where is the justice in that? No fraud. No force. Why can this not be infused into public policy? Is it not okay to have others tell you who you can or can not marry, but yet it is okay for others to tell you what health care you can and can not buy? Your position in demonstrating against the American way of independence with a counter protest also seemingly is contrary to your wage love not war concept...though I did read that into your statement so perhaps I am wrong all together in understanding your position.
    No Force, No Fraud. Leave the people alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friend, pity you left no way for me to contact you. Should you chose to contact me I would be happy to answer your questions. My email address is available at my profile this site.

    ReplyDelete