NOTICE:
From any post click the photo across the page top to see the entire blog.
JAMES' PERSONAL WRITINGS: SLOVING
JAMES' MOST STRATEGIC POSTS: *****
MUCH OF MY POSTING WAS ON FACEBOOK: STARTLOVING1

7.19.2010

"Here, take this bag for your fruit. You need it more than me," the Homeless man said to SL.

"Here, take this bag for your fruit. You need it more than me," the Homeless man said to SL.

Last night I stopped at the homeless food truck in the park to see if they had fruit - I was given 2 apples, an orange, and a banana.  Being on my bike on the way to the Vigil, a homeless man, un-noticed by me, saw me fumbling to hold the fruit, and the handlebars simultaneously.  "Uh, I just found this bag, but you need it more than me."  I gratefully accepted it.  I weep now at the thought. "She gave more than all, because she put in her whole life,"  JC taught, and we UNFAILINGLY pervert, and ignore.

I sometimes think that Saint Charles Dickens wrote, "A Christmas Carol,"
entirely for the purpose of one line.  As Scrooge and the Ghost of Christmas
Present are invisibly observing a homeless man and his family, the Ghost
screams at Scrooge, to the effect, "This man may be worth thousands
of the likes of you, in God's eyes."  My God, this is the truth.

How much more valuable - one healthy cell,  or 10,000 big, fat, bloated cancerous cells - as I was born to be, and practiced most of my grotesquely, murderously, cancerously over-privileged life.

No comments:

Post a Comment