NOTICE:
From any post click the photo across the page top to see the entire blog.
JAMES' PERSONAL WRITINGS: SLOVING
JAMES' MOST STRATEGIC POSTS: *****
MUCH OF MY POSTING WAS ON FACEBOOK: STARTLOVING1

8.31.2011

'SL'S ISOLATED CUZ EVERYONE ELSE IS ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE.' SL

It has been stunning, and until recent years, devastatingly painful, to find that just the people and groups with whom I expected to find kinship - ZERO. Dead. Cold as Ice.  Total alienation.  'peace activists,' 'churches,' 'catholic workers,' etc, etc, etc.  Yesterday was a huge leap for me in terms of clarity as to what is going on -

I had a really important clarity yesterday. As you may know, but the McKibben Climate club doesn't know, or care, I've been planning this action for months. They show up here about 10am and move to just inches behind where I stand about 11am. I have a sound system blaring clips from Plan B 3.0, the 'failure is not an option' scene from Apolo 13, and my own What Start Proposes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kThsp2aAaA  . Well, you can imagine their rage, and most days someone comes over, frustrated as hell, 'WILL YOU PLEASE TURN THAT DOWN? THE NATIONAL MEDIA IS HERE. WE WANT TO GIVE SPEECHES. BLAH BLAH BLAH. 'No,' is my reply. Yesterday the semi-drunk guy that came to ask me, after hearing 'no,' 3 times, in desperation added, 'WELL, WE'RE ON THE SAME SIDE, AREN'T WE?' I thought for a moment, 'No,' I replied. This was enormously clarifying for me. Thinking more of it later I realized - WE ARE ON EXACTLY OPPOSITE SIDES - YOU ARE ON THE SIDE OF 'ME,' 'SELFISHNESS,' 'DO SOMETHING AND FEEL BETTER,' and I'm on the side of 'WE,' 'BROTHERHOOD,' 'SOLIDARITY,' 'FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION.' THESE ARE THE TWO EXACTLY OPPOSITE WAYS OF BEING. D, this is why you are the only compadre, and maybe Lizzie, that I have. slSee More


No comments:

Post a Comment