NOTICE:
From any post click the photo across the page top to see the entire blog.
JAMES' PERSONAL WRITINGS: SLOVING
JAMES' MOST STRATEGIC POSTS: *****
MUCH OF MY POSTING WAS ON FACEBOOK: STARTLOVING1

2.05.2012

'DC Occupy - Fatal Flaw - No Standards' SL (vid, text)




http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmARabcS3qQ

'DC Occupy - Fatal Flaw - No Standards' SL

Shame on me, I never saw this and never voiced it to the few Souls of any promise that I saw in recent weeks and months, at Occupy.  Part of it  I have voiced strongly and frequently - that a notion they had of inclusiveness was certain doom to any meaningful outcome for their efforts.  By way of analogy, I'd say - so you want to put together a surgical, a doctor, to care for your loved one, wants to put together a surgical team, you're going to hope that their criteria is going to feature inclusiveness?  There were many occasions on which I put forth such an idea.

But what I'm seeing tonight and what I wish I had thought to say, to point out, to share, was that their approach was an indictment of, or a rejection of explicitly what King and Gandhi insisted upon.  King and Gandhi would have no one in actions with them that weren't trained, that from their very soul didn't convincingly swear to uphold extremely high moral standards, extremely high behavioral codes, that flowed from those extremely high moral standards.   Now these poor young folks, largely, have had nothing but the most deadly example from my generation that has  taken selfishness, brutal, mindless selfishness to the level of religion, as this planet has never seen before.  It would be amazing if these young folks figured things out, but they haven't. 

And I wish I had the wisdom to share with them then, but I'm sharing it now, that thus far they have explicitly rejected what was a central tenet of the efforts King and Gandhi.  No one participated in their efforts with them, except those who swore to uphold moral and behavioral standards that were explicitly laid out, and who had trained sufficiently that there was reason to believe that under pressure those behaviors would be manifest. 

I have no illusion that anyone would've paid attention to me had I shared this.  But that's not my responsibility, and by way of logical consideration, if they had heard and paid attention, I have no illusion they would have accepted or rejected - probably rejected.  I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment