NOTICE:
From any post click the photo across the page top to see the entire blog.
JAMES' PERSONAL WRITINGS: SLOVING
JAMES' MOST STRATEGIC POSTS: *****
MUCH OF MY POSTING WAS ON FACEBOOK: STARTLOVING1

3.31.2012

Loving, here: I won the Lottery Last Night. Here's my plan.

Seriously, in my mind, I won the lottery last evening.  I recall never purchasing a lottery ticket nor thinking of doing so, but yesterday I realized, pushed by a Barrista friend, I owe it to those I'm serving to buy a ticket, or two.

Hours after I realized it myself, I saw a headline to the effect that, 'The Lottery Lets People Dream.' It had that effect on me, and it is not over.

Some of the valuable insights this has give me, reinforced:

1.  We don't have a money problem, we have people problem.  Without people of Heart, Christlikes by whatever name, 100 trillion dollars won't save Creation unless we create more Christlikes, fast.

2.  The notion of spending 1cent of the winnings on myself was deeply revolting - made me want to scream in horror.  The only 'personal' things that I'd want are:
A.  Use the fact that I had the money to get meetings with fewer than 10 folks I thought of - Jim Hansen, Pr. Obama, Mr. Kim the prospective World Bank head, Lester Brown to pick their brains and influence their direction, to try and get them to step into and totally commit to All-out, Unviolent War to Defeat Plan A-rmageddon... AND AMY GOODMAN to try to encourage / fund her to end her unspeakable cowardice, and start writing of the criminal cowardice, apathy, unilateral surrender of the Lip Service Left.
B.  Travel at way below economy class to try to find and empower the 1 in a million, the hero(s) in appalachia risking life, limb, treasure to stop MTR, and their counterparts in Idaho fighting Keystone, in W Canada protecting Great Bear Rainforest, Diane Wilson fighting from her $100 trailer to save the world, see if I could fund just the handful in Greenpeace that risk their lives in demonstrations, Sea Shepherds....
C.  Purchase a 4 year wifi contract to get that off Ellen's back, and so I wouldn't have to worry about that any more.

3.  In hours in my sleeping bag I couldn't think of 20, and possibly not 10 folks, or organizations, that would increase hope in the world with money in their pockets to spend.  No creature of Heart, no hope.  And of the Pure Hearts that could be Trusted to War Unviolently, risking everything for humanity, probably half currently aren't doing so - business people I've met over the decades with Pure, but misguided Hearts.  Folks that lacked Vision, as I did, but by God, when they SAW A MISSION, NO EXCUSES, GET OUT OF MY WAY, FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION, I'LL PUT AND KEEP EVERYTHING ON THE LINE, yes, breaking all of the sacred code of the Lefties, the 'activists.'  Would they rise?  I don't know.  But I'd ask.

4.  I think Pr. Obama understands this last part, 3, and that is why he is fighting Plan A-rmageddon with all the funding into technology for wind, solar, efficiency... that he can.  We Know how to harness our Head and Flesh in that way, and it could be way better than nothing environmentally.

5.  I realized that finding and getting funds to the 1 in a million was the entirety of what I'd focus on - trying to increase their effectiveness, their reach, 2 fold, 4 fold, 10 fold...

6.  I realized that all hope lies in finding, raising, empowering the 1 in a million, that it becomes 2 in a million, then 3....

No comments:

Post a Comment