NOTICE:
From any post click the photo across the page top to see the entire blog.
JAMES' PERSONAL WRITINGS: SLOVING
JAMES' MOST STRATEGIC POSTS: *****
MUCH OF MY POSTING WAS ON FACEBOOK: STARTLOVING1

11.21.2012

'Well, it's cancer, and $12-18,000 of my children's resources....

Well, it's cancer, and $12-18,000 of my children's resources to possibly cure it.

  They'd remove my right large intestine, the associated lymph stuff, and hope they got it all.  Medicaid would pay, it could be done in 2-3 weeks from now, I'd be convalescing for a couple weeks, Christ House would put me up after 3 days in the hospital, and then, what to do for the next 6 weeks?  My bowl would be unstable for another 6 weeks or so.  Can I manage that on the streets?

That $12-18,000 belongs to my kids, all 204 billion.  Should I take it from them?  Is that the best way to serve them?  Or, do I leave it for them.

Much to decide.

Gandhi:  "Steadfastly refuse what millions cannot have.  The Golden Rule."

2 comments:

  1. Your presence now could mean infinitely more to future generations than 12-18000 dollars, 53% of which is spent on war, being preserved in a treasury which is going to allocate things no differently for your having used it.

    I say get the operation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will ponder what you say. I do think that is the correct question, that requires a specific answer for me, for all of us, for all and any and EVERY resource we may consider spending - time, $$$.... NONE of it is ours, regardless of where it came from. It is all Humanity's. Creation's. The Future's. What you say is exactly what I need to ponder - can my life be worth more, much more, than the $12-18k for the procedure.

    ReplyDelete