NOTICE:
From any post click the photo across the page top to see the entire blog.
JAMES' PERSONAL WRITINGS: SLOVING
JAMES' MOST STRATEGIC POSTS: *****
MUCH OF MY POSTING WAS ON FACEBOOK: STARTLOVING1

12.13.2012

Cancer Update - No time for Chemo now - 12.13.12

The surgery is healing well, says the general surgeon yesterday, and my body agrees.  Bowel remains unstable.  I'm able to get by now with just two of the six doses per day of Percoset prescribed to me.

Monday is the 1st meeting with the cancer doc.  All indications are that I need 6 weeks of Chemo beginning mid to late January.  There's no time.  We have just weeks to bring about a 6% reduction per year in Green House Gas emissions.   I must resume the vigil at the Canadian Embassy.

So far I'm told that they won't do chemo unless I am in a place like Christ House (and those Crazy Christ-ians are eager to have me back.  Unimaginable) - the immune system is disabled by the Chemo I'm told.  I can't do the vigil from Christ House (yes, worthy of the name. A True Godsend.)  If they hold fast to this disallowing me to do the chemo at the vigil, and I don't question their doing so, it seems quite likely I'll forgo the Chemo.  Soldiers constantly forgo their own well-being for others, or they are not soldiers.  I'm a Soldier for Christ, the Spirit of Loving; a Soldier for the Kingdom, where Loving Reigns; a Soldier for my Family of Humanity.  Indeed.  For the unimaginable Joy of it.

I expect to take the next several days to try to take my personal planning to a level I've never yet done - to imagine different courses now for my Service, for my Life, and to attempt to quantify the various levels of Expected Value they might hold for my Clients - my 204 billion kids - whose life mine is; it is not my own.  Armed with the outcome of this analysis I'll hear what the cancer doc wants to do, on Monday, and decide from there.

I'm currently on my way from Christ House, in DC, to folks in Philadelphia with whom I laid plans to extend my healing after Christ House for up to 6 weeks.  My incision is still draining, my bowel unstable.  But if my analysis calls for me to return on Monday to the Canadian Embassy vigil 24/7, well, diapers for seniors, Percoset, and a reduced frequency of incision dressing change make doing so do-able.

No comments:

Post a Comment