Megan Allen is a fifth-grade teacher in Tampa, Florida. At her
elementary school, 90 percent of the students qualify for free or
Many live in poverty, with unstable home lives -- some have parents in
prison, others go hungry over the weekends. But at school, they're
winning science fairs, challenging themselves, and eating two hot meals a
For Megan's 36 fifth graders, school is a safe place. The budget cuts known as the sequester could change that.
In the county where Megan teaches, 142 schools stand to lose $3 million
in funding. The sequester could also slash as much as $2 million in
federal funding for special education.
When those cuts kick in, Megan's students could lose teachers that help
them every day -- for example, the folks who coach them through tricky
arithmetic, or give those who are having reading trouble the special
attention they need. The Head Start programs that got these students
ready for kindergarten will be dramatically cut down. Their class sizes
could go up, leaving less time for individual attention.
The sequester isn't a list of numbers made up to scare you. It's a very
real thing that will negatively impact real people -- like Megan's 36
students and their families.
Congress needs to hear those stories. They need to know that their
inaction has consequences -- that's the only way we'll put an end to
Share your story right now on how the sequester is affecting your community:
Thanks for speaking up.
National Director of Issue Campaigns
Organizing for Action
Let's finish what we started. Chip in $75 or more to Organizing for Action, the grassroots movement that will get the job done.
- ***** White House Free Gaza Vigil
- The (Israeli) General's Son
- If Americans Knew
- Peace, Propaganda, Promised Land
- Israeli Myths and Propaganda
- Israel and Palestine
- vid. SAID TO ME, AN ARAB, "PEACE" MEANS 'DIE QUIETLY.'
- Princeton's Dr. Falk: Winning the Legitimacy War
- Desmond Tutu: Israel - Liberate Yourselves
- The Gatekeepers
- vid. Torah EXPRESSLY FORBIDS ISRAEL'S BEHAVIOR
- Bishop Tutu: IT IS APARTHEID
- Ha'aretz: Israeli teens, Racist and Proud
- Young Jews Against Occupation
- 327 Holocaust Condemn Elie Weizel, Israel, for Gaza Massacre, Demand Boycott
- Dr. Meyer, Holocaust Survivor, "Israel like the Nazis."
- "Loving, you're filled with Hate?!?!"
- NYMag: Cornell West and the Obama-Blaming Left
- Jews Against Genocide letter to Chief Rabbis of the World.
- Israel's Death Grip on US Politics
- CLASIC ZIONI PROPAGANDA SCRIPS
- Rabbi Siegman - Slaughtering of Innocents
- The Price of US Ignorance of the SCHOLARSHIP
- Life in Palestine
- The Zionist Story
- OCCUPATION 101
- vid. Palestine, [The Middle East], and US Policy. Scholar, Intellectual Edward Said
- Yale's, Oxford's, Harvard's Rashid Khalidi... US HAS NEVER, EVER, BEEN AN HONEST BROKER...
- IF YOU'VE A SHRED OF HUMANITY... WATCH THIS...Jewish Israeli Professor Nurit Peled: Gaza concentration Camp
I strongly suspect that there is only one true Revolution possible for the human species - past, present, future. And the only time it ever has been tried, to my knowledge, is for several decades during and after the life of Jesus. That Revolution? Lived, total, solidarity with the Global Neediest (human and non-human species). "The Golden Rule is to steadfastly refuse to have what millions cannot have," is how Gandhi said it. "Do unto others ALL that you would have them do unto you," is how Jesus Lived it, and how He or his followers, said it.