NOTICE:
From any post click the photo across the page top to see the entire blog.
JAMES' PERSONAL WRITINGS: SLOVING
JAMES' MOST STRATEGIC POSTS: *****
MUCH OF MY POSTING WAS ON FACEBOOK: STARTLOVING1

4.10.2013

***** DeathFast Day 13: Environmental Studies student - 'LOVING... HOW CAN I HELP YOU?'

From and internet exchange today with a young friend:

C:

As an environmental studies major myself, Im also very worried about ecological collapse. I attempt to spread and create a culture of sustainability (in this out deeply unsustainable society) everyday. When looking at the facts, I know Im probably gonna go down fighting. But regardless I'm gonna try me best to make people respect, protect, and preserve our beautiful planet, it's people, animals, and plants. I respect what your doing and will watch all your videos. You've given me courage and motivation in the past and present. I will telling many about your sacrifice. Let me know if you wanna talk about anything, or have any questions, or if there's some way I could help.

Loving:

You want to help me? Have you watched either or both of "Iron Jawed Angels" or "Freedom Riders?" If you have not watched either or both, then by tomorrow, or by Saturday night at the very latest watch the one or both that you haven't seen. That's the first thing. If you don't have them, google UnviolentPeacemaker and click on that piratebay site and on page 3 you will find both. Download them. Our fellow humans have no time for us to lose.

The second thing has two parts. Once you've seen both of these,

ask yourself, deeply, in the deepest part of your soul: A. By how many orders of magnitude is the threat that I and my children and grandchildren have facing us, by how many orders of magnitude (1 thousand, one million, one billion...?) do we and all futuregenerations stand to lose than did the young people at the center of those two historical movies?

Then B very, very deeply and Truthfully ask yourself the question: now that I've seen, very accurately I'd say, what it took for them (commitment, personal risk of EVERYTHING, courage, willingness to embrace the opposition's hatred and even passionate opposition from those that cared about them, (particularly consider this in comparison to the 1st generation college students (so much at risk personally) in Freedom Riders), what it took for them to win, to succeed, what it took for them to ignite the fires in millions that had lacked their extreme vision and humanity, well, how do my efforts, and my planned efforts, how does that measure up?

Then two last questions to ask yourself:

1. Am I ok with my answer to B?

2. Should my children and grandchildren, 20 years from now when they know everything, should they be ok with my answers (what I'm currently doing to give them a future, now, the only months left to give them one), as my answers currently stand, and in light of what we know from history is required to save our children and grandchildren from catastrophe, ... should my own kids, 20 years from now, should they be satisfied with my current commitment, and planned commitments to alter what currently is certain, ecocidal, economically genocidal doom for them?

No comments:

Post a Comment