NOTICE:
From any post click the photo across the page top to see the entire blog.
JAMES' PERSONAL WRITINGS: SLOVING
JAMES' MOST STRATEGIC POSTS: *****
MUCH OF MY POSTING WAS ON FACEBOOK: STARTLOVING1

10.24.2013

Cancer Update: Hello from Purgatory!!! Sure beats Hell.

I'm sitting here with all tubes removed from my nose, and 24 hr IV, 24 hr pain meds...!

I'm getting electrolytes now IV, posassium, magnesium... for as long as they are low.

Slept 14 hours last night.  Disturbed a few times for vitals, needed 2 hr pain meds only once.  Well, I needed to ASK for them only once. I'VE LEARNED THAT PAIN MEDS WHEN HEALING ARE TO AVOID TOO MUCH, IMMOBILIZING PAIN.  BEYOND THAT, YOU ARE SLOWING YOUR HEALING.

About every 2 hours I'd wake up, have pain at the liver, turn over, wait for 15 min for the pain to subside... be asleep, repeat....

I'll be out of the hospital tomorrow or Fri I'm sure.

Bowel is showing obvious but slow success in coming back online.

I'm on a liquid diet since last night.  Liquid this afternoon.  Solids tonight if I can handle it.

I've typed this post in twice the time it would have taken before the operation, and twice as fast as would have taken yesterday.

I'll see little online correspendence, reading, etc for yet a few days more.



1 comment:

  1. It doesn't matter how slow it comes back....but that everything gets back to working....hoping the pain subsides....glad you are sleeping....because I think that is a positive thing that will help you get on line. I have no worries how long it takes for you respond...I know we'll hear from you when you can get to it. Please don't fret about how long it takes for you to type....I know it must be frustrating....XXOO

    ReplyDelete