NOTICE:
From any post click the photo across the page top to see the entire blog.
JAMES' PERSONAL WRITINGS: SLOVING
JAMES' MOST STRATEGIC POSTS: *****
MUCH OF MY POSTING WAS ON FACEBOOK: STARTLOVING1

10.20.2013

Cancer Update: Lost in Space, Pain meds less effective

Exactly 71 hours ago they shot me into space, and I've never fully returned, as per plan.

About midnight they had to up my pain med dosage due to my becoming less sensitive, and the nurves coming more alive day 2.

My brain remains uber fuzzy, and hence typing is near impossible it is sooooo error prone.

Soooo, I've just had them put the meds back down - affording me a background level of 3-4 vs the 1-2 of up till now. "I've never had a patient ask for their meds to be reduced!

 I've got get out of here and stop draining our kids of funds. It is a zero sum game now.


3 comments:

  1. It has only been 3 days since a majority of a major organ has been removed. It will be less of a drain on future resources if you are patient (no pun intended). V-logs and photos have been fascinating. You need REST. Not surprised you were combative (sitting up when not advisable) right out of the operating gate. Can't keep a good man down (pun intended)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving, I totally agree with "Anonymous"! Using your own expressed logic, you agreed to the surgery and therefore to the recovery process. Leaving before you are well enough is more likely to cause rebound to the ER and additional cost to society. Please calm down and get well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Friends, I NEVER push my doctors. I express my desires, to they know, and then I take their advice. And as I'll post momentarily, today has been the big pain day, so I'm not optimistic for or pushing for getting out soon. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete