NOTICE:
From any post click the photo across the page top to see the entire blog.
JAMES' PERSONAL WRITINGS: SLOVING
JAMES' MOST STRATEGIC POSTS: *****
MUCH OF MY POSTING WAS ON FACEBOOK: STARTLOVING1

10.25.2013

Cancer Update: MAJOR UPDATE

* Discharge tomorrow morning at 10am if current plans hold - returning to CCNV Homeless Shelter Infirmary.

 From the standpoint of the surgeons the process has been a 100% success - all of the tumors were removed; good margins of healthy tissue remained separating the tumors from the liver that remained; the intervention to starve the most cancerous half of the liver of blood, to shrink it and force the healthier half to grow was a total success with the healthier half growing a good 30% or more; quality of the remaining liver appeared very very good.

*  Pathology report is not back leaving the one big unknown, but looks like they may well have given me a shot at another 15 years or so to serve.

*  Had great success with solid foods this morning as near as can be told.  Eggs, french toast, grits, ginger ale... all went down fine if I kept the spoon size small and the pace slow.  Anything at all acidic - NOPE.  Peaches, OJ, nope.  Now we'll see how lunch goes.

*  It will be a good 8 weeks for me to recover, physically, from such a major operation.  Will the infirmary take me that long?  I NEED to be back in front of the Canadian Embassy, but I don't think I could physically survive it in my current state.  Oh well. We'll see what the Creator has in store.

*  With really powerful pain meds I feel quite well.  Without, a lot of pain at my surgery site, throat, and back.  My understanding is I'll be leaving with a good supply of pain meds, and written scripts for more as needed.

*  I don't think anyone, anywhere, could have gotten better care than has this homeless bum.

*  I see huge holes in our med system that I'll be writing up this afternoon and leaving with the team.

*  Had I been a more knowledgeable patient I quite possibly could have gotten myself out of hospital three or even four days earlier.  More on this in the writeup mentioned above.

*  Typing proficiency is a huge indicator of mental state.  Today I'm at 90% speed, accuracy.  Just 2 days ago at a glacial, agonizing, near worthless 20%.

1 comment:

  1. Really great news about success with liver....Sounds so great...and you're right !! I think it would set you back hugely if you attempted to reside at the vigil....please keep me posted as to your plans....it is now officially cold out...and only getting colder...and remember that I have your cold weather things...and you should have them. I am going to call you as you are still in your room...Hope you are available to talk...
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete