NOTICE:
From any post click the photo across the page top to see the entire blog.
JAMES' PERSONAL WRITINGS: SLOVING
JAMES' MOST STRATEGIC POSTS: *****
MUCH OF MY POSTING WAS ON FACEBOOK: STARTLOVING1

3.28.2014

Science vs Religion (thinking of the recent Nye vs Creationist debate): Have you ever been watching a movie for the first time and someone starts to whisper how it ends, and you say I DON"T WANT TO KNOW! ? Sure you have, me too. You like the feeling of being in the story, in the fantasy, for the several hours, me too. Most in organized religion have decided to Live the Fantasy of their religion - they find it exciting, meaningful, comforting, affirming, providing community.... My point isn't to defend the fundamentalists - I have zero affinity with them. But surely, if they want to make of their life a fantasy, that is there choice! Nye, and the Left, does not seem to have a clue that this is going on with these folks. Nye, and the Left, has chosen to make the bedrock of his life science, objective fact, objective, measurable reality. The Religionists have chosen fantasy. There is no basis for these two sides finding a shared vision or common set of beliefs. The Left refuses to see this, as does the Right. I'm amazed and concerned at the universal blindness on the Left regarding this;; I expect it on the Right because they've chosen fantasy.

Science vs Religion (thinking of the recent Nye vs Creationist debate):  Have you ever been watching a movie for the first time and someone starts to whisper how it ends, and you say I DON"T WANT TO KNOW! ?  Sure you have, me too. You like the feeling of being in the story, in the fantasy, for the several hours, me too.  Most in organized religion have decided to Live the Fantasy of their religion - they find it exciting, meaningful, comforting, affirming, providing community....  My point isn't to defend the fundamentalists - I have zero affinity with them.  But surely, if they want to make of their life a fantasy, that is there choice!  Nye, and the Left, does not seem to have a clue that this is going on with these folks. Nye, and the Left, has chosen to make the bedrock of his life science, objective fact, objective, measurable reality.  The Religionists have chosen fantasy.  There is no basis for these two sides finding a shared vision or common set of beliefs.  The Left refuses to see this, as does the Right.  I'm amazed and concerned at the universal blindness on the Left regarding this;; I expect it on the Right because they've chosen fantasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment