NOTICE:
From any post click the photo across the page top to see the entire blog.
JAMES' PERSONAL WRITINGS: SLOVING
JAMES' MOST STRATEGIC POSTS: *****
MUCH OF MY POSTING WAS ON FACEBOOK: STARTLOVING1

12.07.2014

nd. About 5:30 pm tonight, as I was working, and shivering, in front of the White House in hour 7 today... all of a sudden the officers announce that the street was 'closing,' everyone on to the far sidewalk. This is not an unusual occurrence, for any of wide variety of security reasons. This time, however, the reason became quickly obvious as the sound of angry 'demonstrators' approaching became evident. It was a 'Ferguson,' et al inspired demonstration. It was disgusting. Hate demonstrating against hate. Violence demonstrating against violence. Black trash demonstrating against white trash. It was half an hour earlier than I'd planned on leaving the park, but seeing as how it was getting dark, and I had to move already... I packed up my stuff. But before I left I screamed at the demonstrators blanket hate speech and taunting of the assembled men and women iniform, at the top of my huge voice, 'All the police are bad? ALL THE POLICE ARE BAD??? THAT'S BIGOTRY. THAT'S BIGOTRY.' I saw little else I could do so I finished my packing, and left. Hate begets hate. So ugly. So sad. But please understand: One of the only encouraging signs I've seen in America in decades is the demonstrations, white and black, against Police / SOCIETY bias against people of color. It is a horrible problem (more a SOCIETY problem, but the police are the implementers, and have the guns) and it is right and necessary that the public stands up, but I think it is way too little way too late. So I am not against the protests, per se, but this one was just an excuse to hate. Disgusting. Ugly. Bigoted. Ignorant... exactly like the white discrimination against black. Disgusting. Ugly. Bigoted. Ignorant...

About 5:30 pm tonight, as I was working, and shivering, in front of the White House in hour 7 today... all of a sudden the officers announce that the street was 'closing,' everyone on to the far sidewalk.  This is not an unusual occurrence, for any of  wide variety of security reasons.  This time, however, the reason became quickly obvious as the sound of angry 'demonstrators' approaching became evident.  It was a 'Ferguson,' et al inspired demonstration.  It was disgusting.  Hate demonstrating against hate.  Violence demonstrating against violence.  Black trash demonstrating against white trash.  It was half an hour earlier than I'd planned on leaving the park, but seeing as how it was getting dark, and I had to move already... I packed up my stuff.  But before I left I screamed at the demonstrators blanket hate speech and taunting of the assembled men and women iniform, at the top of my huge voice, 'All the police are bad?  ALL THE POLICE ARE BAD??? THAT'S BIGOTRY.  THAT'S BIGOTRY.'  I saw little else I could do so I finished my packing, and left.  Hate begets hate.  So ugly.  So sad....

But please understand:  One of the only encouraging signs I've seen in America in decades is the demonstrations, white and black, against Police / SOCIETY bias against people of color. It is a horrible problem (more a SOCIETY problem, but the police are the implementers, and have the guns) and it is right and necessary that the public stands up, but I think it is way too little way too late. So I am not against the protests, per se, but this one was just an excuse to hate. Disgusting. Ugly. Bigoted. Ignorant... exactly like the white discrimination against black. Disgusting. Ugly. Bigoted. Ignorant...

No comments:

Post a Comment