NOTICE:
From any post click the photo across the page top to see the entire blog.
JAMES' PERSONAL WRITINGS: SLOVING
JAMES' MOST STRATEGIC POSTS: *****
MUCH OF MY POSTING WAS ON FACEBOOK: STARTLOVING1

1.22.2015

On Islam: I'm 12% into my first reading of the Qur'an, and 6 months....

On Islam - The Bible in other words, less mystical... nothing more or less frightening than that.  I'm 12% into my first reading of the Qur'an, and 6 months into some consideration of Islam, Muslims. I was 100% ignorant prior. In several more months I'll be many times more knowledgeable that I am now.  My experience of the Qur'an thus far is that it is the old and new testaments - the same attempt to inspire and cajole and frighten... people to put their consciences in charge, less mystical (which is much to my approval), but very much in keeping with what I know of the Bible as a spiritual tool to be used to accentuate conscience, goodness, justice, righteousness.  Tragically, like the Bible, it is as easy to turn into a deadly weapon of those without conscience, justice, goodness.  I find these sentences consistent with what I've seen so far:  "be good to your parents and relatives, the orphans and the needy and the neighbours who are your relatives, and the neighbours who are strangers, and the friend by your side, the traveller and your servants and subordinates. God does not surely love those who are arrogant and boastful,
Who are miserly and bid others to be so, and hide what God has given them in His largesse. We have prepared for unbelievers a shameful punishment.
Those who spend of their wealth to show off and do not believe in God and the Last Day, take Satan as companion, and how evil a companion (have they)!
Would something have befallen them if they had believed in God and the Last Day, and spent of what has been given them by God? God is fully aware of all they do."

No comments:

Post a Comment