NOTICE:
From any post click the photo across the page top to see the entire blog.
JAMES' PERSONAL WRITINGS: SLOVING
JAMES' MOST STRATEGIC POSTS: *****
MUCH OF MY POSTING WAS ON FACEBOOK: STARTLOVING1

6.29.2015

*** I always have detested the notion of 'giving back' that is so often spoken of. What is that? To me it conjures up the notions of......

***** I always have  detested the notion of 'giving back' that is so often spoken of. What is that?  To me it conjures up the notions of guilt, drudgery, obligation... all negative emotions. But just moments ago a variation occurred to me that I find wonderful, and profoundly true to my life. For 40 years I unwittingly accepted millions of times more resources than I was entitled to. No credit to me, what I have been doing for the last 15 years or so is, as fast as I can, as a fully as I can, redistribute all of the excess of that I can to my neediest brothers and sisters. It is as though I had been filling a warehouse, not knowing why, only to recognize the famine around me, and to have the joy of trying to get that stored value out to my family in need. In that sense, not 'giving back,' but 'redistributing to' is immensely, supremely, joyful.

No comments:

Post a Comment