NOTICE:
From any post click the photo across the page top to see the entire blog.
JAMES' PERSONAL WRITINGS: SLOVING
JAMES' MOST STRATEGIC POSTS: *****
MUCH OF MY POSTING WAS ON FACEBOOK: STARTLOVING1

1.12.2017

"What is it that you don't understand about the fact that there are people on the hill up there that would love nothing better than to kill us all, and that.......

"What is it that you don't understand about the fact that there are people on the hill up there that would love nothing better than to kill us all, and that it is minus 8 degrees headed to -19 degrees tonight?"  This I just said to the 5 or so young people laughing joyfully banter about things in one of the mess Halls here in a grungy army tent on a straw floor with no Creature Comforts. I'm not sure that I know any of them or that any of them know me. They looked a little confused. So I continued, What is it that the larger culture doesn't understand about Joy being in the opposite direction of pleasure, safety, Creature Comforts? That Joy is in the direction of where people desperately need help?" They looked less confused.  I added, "I was simply trying to draw attention to your joy. I hope you don't mind." They expressed that they were deeply glad for my comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment