NOTICE:
From any post click the photo across the page top to see the entire blog.
JAMES' PERSONAL WRITINGS: SLOVING
JAMES' MOST STRATEGIC POSTS: *****
MUCH OF MY POSTING WAS ON FACEBOOK: STARTLOVING1

1.12.2017

"James, you are perfect." To this I erupted in an uncontrollable belly laugh. This to the young man......

"James, you are perfect." To this I erupted in an uncontrollable belly laugh. This to the young man who said this as he was sobbing in my arms this morning. He had just learned that within hours his sacred fire, and the other, would be extinguished and despite that this was for good reason from the Council of fires, the indigenous headsman, it was a devastating blow to this Godly good young man who for weeks had near single-handedly kept the fire going, an extraordinary heroic loving Act. I had a hunch and went to the fire and had the blessing of being there at the right time to help him deal with the grief. After moments of holding him and letting him grieve into my shoulder I shared some words that seemed to give him great comfort, especially my thought that despite how important the physical fire was, that he had given us a much more important fire that would never go out, it would always burn in my heart and others, the fire of his passionate dedication and loving contribution to the camp. "James, you are perfect," he said. I burst out in laughter. "I am nothing," I said. "I have simply learned to get out of the way of the heart. The Heart is what is perfect." A big hug he gave me at those words. What an incredible blessing, what an incredible privilege it is to be here right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment