NOTICE:
From any post click the photo across the page top to see the entire blog.
JAMES' PERSONAL WRITINGS: SLOVING
JAMES' MOST STRATEGIC POSTS: *****
MUCH OF MY POSTING WAS ON FACEBOOK: STARTLOVING1

4.19.2017

What a day. Hours on the internet and phone trying to find the solution to these odd sized bicycle trailer wheels I needed to replace. Several......

What a day. Hours on the internet and phone trying to find the solution to these odd sized bicycle trailer wheels I needed to replace. Several hours traveling to the bike shop that thought they could help. Serious rain much of the afternoon making traveling a bit hazardous and hypothermic as it so severely reduces visibility. Extraordinary kindness and great expertise at this large family-owned bicycle shop. The owner had done homework online and drove me in his car to another facility where we found tires and wheels that would work. My bill including parts and labor was under $7. He got upset when I objected so I simply accepted the kindness. He and his staff I believe were stirred by the mission, the vehicle, our conversation. I was wet from pedaling in the temperature outside reducing so a bit hypothermic. Presently I am resting in the home of a fellow water protector who reached out to me several days ago and aggressively and kindly offered a place for me to spend the night or maybe two. Not sure about the next couple of days. Most likely I'll begin traveling toward Wisconsin tomorrow and visit another water protector in Western Wisconsin Friday night. Not sure after that. Tired but very appreciative that things seem to be working out.

No comments:

Post a Comment