NOTICE:
From any post click the photo across the page top to see the entire blog.
JAMES' PERSONAL WRITINGS: SLOVING
JAMES' MOST STRATEGIC POSTS: *****
MUCH OF MY POSTING WAS ON FACEBOOK: STARTLOVING1

9.29.2017

I'm frightened. The mission is in big trouble. Help likely required.


I will totally get through this. You know me. I'm quite frightened. I don't feel foolish. I'm pressing so hard that I can only look so far ahead. And no support. Any sane version of this would have a ground crew of three or four people working out all the details I had. Siskiyou Pass makes truckers turn white. 7 miles of twisting 6 degree grade either side of the pass. It is a killer. That has been my focus and I still think I can get up at. I've asked people to research bicycle use of Highway shoulders like I've done the last four states. No one apparently has had time to do so. I made time in the middle of the night tonight. It looks like it is almost never allowed. Why is that a problem? The next 300 miles down to Sacramento. Way way way way way off in Parkland. All it takes is one long 10 degree Hill off on some back road and this vehicle is stopped. I see 4 options. Scrap the mission. Find a truck to take it from Ashland Oregon where I expect to arrive tonight or tomorrow and take it to Sacramento. Run the interstate in the middle of the night and take the consequences . Or try and turn this vehicle into a mountain goat. Flatbed truck, or turning this into a mountain goat, is going to take money. There is a gear made in Germany but costs about $1,500. Everyone in the industry knows about it, rholoff the name, sp? That alone won't suffice. A lower gearing is needed on the motor.. Scrapping the mission turns it into a total loss. That's not going to happen. Oh, and someone got me blocked on Facebook and messenger until Tuesday or Wednesday

No comments:

Post a Comment