NOTICE:
From any post click the photo across the page top to see the entire blog.
JAMES' PERSONAL WRITINGS: SLOVING
JAMES' MOST STRATEGIC POSTS: *****
MUCH OF MY POSTING WAS ON FACEBOOK: STARTLOVING1

10.11.2018

Why did you take my sweatpants, my medical roommate asked me immediately? Detail

Upon checking in for 4 days in conjunction with my colonoscopy each of we homeless people are very understandably and appropriately required and offered to shower, provide our clothes to be washed immediately, concerned with bed bugs and the like I'm sure, and issued sweat clothing to keep if we like. And to wear if we like while our clothes are being washed. I was issued a blue and white shirt and a seemingly new pair of Grey sweatpants. Upon completing my shower I was briefly in the room that I shared with two other people who had been there for some time I'm sure, African American men, obviously homeless, and the one man in there, substantial amputations due to diabetes I'd be quite sure, why did you take my sweatpants? His demeanor was not extremely hostile and his language somewhat mumbling. Oddly I was not upset by this encounter and I responded several times factually. These are the sweat pants that were on the chair when I reached out after my shower. Put there by the attending nurse, I don't know which one because I was showering. He mumbled some stuff not very happily after that. And for the next day or so when he saw me his demeanor went from quite friendly to others to mumbling things about tattoos and whatnot, obviously trash-talking me and wanted me to hear it. In a world where Liberals are happily sitting by while conservatives destroy everything decent on Earth, such things just don't bother me. But I certainly notice them. Within a certain number of hours this made me a little bit concerned about my clothing disappearing which was now washed and in a bin above my bed so I changed into that clothing. And I stayed in my clothing for several days. But within 24 hours of the colonoscopy as prep was required I became concerned about soiling the clothing I was wearing so I reached for the sweatpants to put them on. The sweatpants were gone. I needed sweatpants so I told the nurse that I thought was trustworthy, mature, about the incident and the major factor that I needed a pair of sweatpants. And I made a point of saying, I do not want an incident here. I had decided that the African-American man was emotionally and mentally distressed. She seemed to understand what I was saying and got me some sweatpants but I did notice that she was writing in what appeared to be a logbook. The next day I was waking up from a long and deep nap. Through my grogginess I heard, did you tell the nurse I took your sweatpants? I chose to respond, and I was very relaxed, I found that my sweatpants were missing and I told the nurse I needed some. I would have gone on in more detail but he rather than wanting more detail and what I took to be a friendly and relaxed manner, startling me, pointed above his area and said there they are. I didn't understand what he was saying but by this time he had walked over to where he was pointing and was holding in front of me the sweatpants that he had taken out of his bin. In what continued to be a friendly and light-hearted way he said, now I don't want any trouble with these folks, here they are, and I have some shirts, if you need any shirts or anything else you let me know. It's you and me, okay? None of this evidence that he was afraid, or worried, but he did take the interaction with the staff seriously. But much more pronounced was a friendliness that I had observed him interacting with African American clients there. And the several times I encountered him in the day or so that I remained at this facility he made it clear that he thought I was a human being, was pleasant, relaxed, and we both enjoyed the interaction. I told the nurse that I wanted to leave those sweatpants for him when I left. She said she needed to talk to the staff about that. I saw him before I left and I said I want to leave those sweatpants for you. Oh no, I have plenty he said, meaning it. I left the sweatpants on a windowsill near his bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment